|Mike Thorne of Saga|
|Michael Sadler of Saga|
Want to be in the running for the position of the next SAGA Drummer?
All you have to do is video tape yourself playing along with any 2 of the following songs;
“Careful Where You Step” (from the CD Silent Knight)
“Framed” (from the CD Worlds Apart)
“The Writing” (from the CD Heads or Tales)
“Corkentellis” (from the CD 10,000 Days)
Then post your video on YouTube as “Saga Drummer Search – (song name) – (your name)”,
and send the video link to email@example.com
And the winner is!
Thorne: Oh, I’d say so, yes! I can’t wait to actually play with the band; they seem really cool and easy-going, and accepted me in the band without even an audition! Since it was officially announced, I’ve been flooded with welcoming greetings from just about everyone I’ve ever known and half the Saga fans around the world. It’s a bit overwhelming, but exciting nonetheless!
2. Is this your first interview as Saga’s new drummer?
Thorne: Yes it is. Aren’t you lucky!:)
3. We sure are and we thank you for it! Tell us a bit about you, where are you from, when did you start drumming, what bands have you played with before?
Thorne: I was born at the age of zero & raised in Scarborough (Ed Note: Scarborough is the eastern most part of Toronto and where Wayne (Mike Myers) from the movie Wayne’s World would rock out), have been playing since I was six, and have played with far too many bands to include here, but some fun times with Diamond Zye, The Dayjob Orchestra, The Ozzyborn’s, Endless Summer, John Baldry, The Drifters, as well as lots of recording. I’ve also done lots of work with video and audio, and music and voices for radio & TV. I’ve also been a drum instructor for most of my life.
4. What are your top 3 favorite Saga tunes?
Thorne: The Perfectionist, Humble Stance & Corkentellis.
|Mike Thorne – Saga’s Drummer|
Thorne: I got a call from Ian asking if I was good with the tour dates.
6. Were you involved with Saga’s upcoming album 20/20 at all?
Thorne: Not at all. In fact, I haven’t heard any of it yet!
7. What are your favorite rock bands (and you can’t say Saga)?
8. Any word on when the first concert we will see you live at is?
9. Mike, thank you so much for your time, any closing words for all the Saga fans out there?
Thorne: Yes! You all have great taste in music, and I’ll see you at the show.